| Winner of the Association of Educational Publishers' Distinguished Achievement Award for "Best Children's Instructional Books" |
Nonfiction books packed with interesting facts and kid-friendly humor
The Real Deal informational texts give kids a fun, nonfiction reading experience while building the skills they need to become strategic, content-area readers. Jokes and cartoons coupled with high-interest topics keep students coming back for more.
The Real Deal features:
- 48 books, 32 pages each
- Reading Level 2–3; Interest Level 4–8
- Guided Reading Level L–O
- Word count: 700–2,000 words, 3 chapters in each book
- Matching E-Book and word-for-word Audio Book with every 6-Pack!
- Eight 84-page Sundance Hi-Lo Reading Teacher Guides with strong support
- A FREE Smart Word vocabulary card and book label for every title
The Real Deal series:
- Keeps students excited to read with high-interest content and illustrations.
- Encourages fluency—specialized vocabulary words are highlighted and defined within the same paragraph!
- Introduces students to nonfiction elements, such as table of contents, chapter headings, tables, charts, captions, and more.
- Helps students summarize what they have just read with a handy "Fact File" at the end of each book.
- Supports struggling readers with short, manageable chapters.
The Sundance Hi-Lo Reading Teacher Guides provide an 8-page lesson plan for each title in the series that includes 6 reproducible skill sheets for every book!
Accelerated Reader® quizzes are available for selected titles.
Follow this link for a more detailed description of Sundance Hi-Lo Reading.
| E-Books Available! |
Perfect for whole class and small group settings.
Download an E-Book Sample.