Winner of the Learning® Magazine 2012 Teachers’ ChoiceSM Award! Read the teacher reviews.
Show your below-level readers just how much fun reading can be!
Laugh-Out-Loud Chapter Books feature imaginative yet relatable plots and loads of built-in reading support.
Laugh-Out-Loud Chapter Books:
- 64 high-interest titles, organized into 8 progressively difficult color levels
- A Teacher Guide for each book that focuses on building essential vocabulary, fluency, grammar, and comprehension skills
- A FREE Smart Word vocabulary card with every 6-Pack and book label on every title.
- A FREE Storage/Display Box with every Classroom Set Purchase.
Laugh-Out-Loud Teacher Guides:
- Engage struggling and reluctant readers with humorous, full-color illustrations and quirky, outlandish storylines.
- Boost students' confidence and keep their attention with short, fast-moving chapters and compelling characters.
- Encourage self-directed learning through comprehension questions in each book and the "Looking at a Narrative" feature, which highlights story elements and structure.
- Take a look inside! Click through the Red, Magenta, Blue, Green, Purple, Orange, Aqua, and Gold levels below to view sample Student Book pages for each level.
Each Student Book is supported by an individual Teacher Guide.
Handy step-by-step lesson plans make it easy to build key literacy skills.
- 6-page guides provide explicit before, during, and after reading instruction.
- 3 blackline masters for each title promote active reading, track skill development, and assess comprehension.
- Suggestions for working with ELL students.
- Take a look inside! Download a FREE Teacher Guide sampler.
| Take a Closer Look! |
Take a brief tour of Laugh-Out-Loud Chapter Books.
Look inside a FREE Teacher Guide sampler for step-by-step lesson plans.
See Student Book Pages!
Click through the Red, Magenta, Blue, Green, Purple, Orange, Aqua, and Gold levels below to view samples from each set.
Download the Laugh-Out-Loud Scope and Sequence to learn more. (1.7 MB)
Researched & Approved:
View the Laugh-Out-Loud Chapter Books Research Report.