| Help struggling readers master science content with nonfiction and fiction pairs! |
Blue Planet Diaries motivates students and builds confidence as they master critical science content to prepare for state tests. Closely-matched nonfiction and fiction pairs support life, earth, and physical science standards.
The series includes:
- 9 pairs of nonfiction and fiction books, 32–64 pages each
- Reading Level 4–5; Interest Level 4–8
- Guided Reading Level Q–S
- Teacher Guides with strong support
- Consumable Practice Books
- Matching E-Book and word-for-word Audio Book versions included with every 6-Pack!
- Plus, a FREE Smart Word vocabulary card in each 6-Pack and a book label on each title
Blue Planet Diaries:
- Give struggling readers access to core science content with standards-based books.
- Foster success with tools to teach and reinforce important content-area vocabulary.
- Prepare students for success on high-stakes tests with practice reading and responding to fiction and nonfiction texts.
- Support each content strand with a consumable Practice Book, accompanied by its own Teacher Guide.
Spark a lifelong curiosity about science with compelling nonfiction selections.
- A variety of text features including graphs, charts, labels and captions enhance learning.
- Fascinating photography, illustrations, charts and diagrams support content.
- 3 chapters each; 2,800–3,200 words
Create a passion for reading and discovery with exciting fiction selections.
- Realistic, high-interest stories with a low readability motivate reluctant readers.
- Standards-based, narrative text builds comprehension skills.
- 6–8 chapters each; 6,700–7,800 words
The Blue Planet Diaries Teacher Guide provides a 2-page lesson plan for each title, plus reproducible sheets to support independent reading!
Order the complete Blue Planet Diaries Classroom Collection at a special offer price below.
Follow this link for a more detailed description of Sundance Hi-Lo Reading.
| Take a Look Inside Blue Planet Diaries! |
Kate Boehm Jerome, author of Blue Planet Diaries, is a nationally renowned science writer and curriculum consultant.
View Sample Pages from the Student Books
Download a Free Teacher Guide Sampler