|We all know that there's a wealth of research that supports daily reading, especially prior to and during the period when children are learning to read. The more exposure to books, the better reader a child becomes. When children are good readers, they are good speakers and good writers. They do better in school and on standardized tests. Building independent reading into your day (in the classroom and at home) helps you to create an environment where students are encouraged to extend their learning.
10 Reasons for Your Students to Read Every Day (Including Several That May Surprise You!)
1. Reading activates and exercises many areas of the brain.
2. Reading ignites the imagination.
3. Reading teaches children about the world outside of their own experience, and fosters empathy.
4. Reading expands children's vocabulary.
5. Reading develops children's listening skills by keying them in to the components of language.
6. Reading builds analytical skills and helps children to become powerful writers.
7. Reading improves children's overall work and progress in every subject.
8. Reading increases concentration when children unplug and focus on the page.
9. Reading entertains and inspires.
10. Reading every day enhances a child's experience of the world.
NEW! My Take Home Reading Club (Grades K-3)
Increase Reading Time and Build Family Connections with All-in-One Kits!
Extend daily reading time with kits containing everything you need to manage home reading quickly and easily.
My Take Home Reading Club helps you meet today's rigorous standards by partnering with families and giving them the support they need to help their children become fluent readers.
Capture students interest with over 100 engaging fiction and nonfiction Student Books in a wide range of genres and reading levels.
My Take Home Reading Club supports the school home connection with everything you need to organize a home reading program that will motivate your students to read every day.
Learn more about all the components included in this easy-to-use, flexible program and how to implement it in your classroom!
If you need help with choosing materials for your early readers, contact your local rep, email us, or give us a call at 800-343-8204.
|Support the School Home Connection!
Daily reading is one of the most effective ways families can help their children become successful readers.
My Take Home Reading Club includes everything you need to organize your
home reading program:
Engaging Student Books in a range of genres and levels
Teacher Guide with strategies for selecting books, or helping students choose
Display Boxes and Customizable Dividers to organize books in your class
Book Bags and Reading Logs for distributing and keeping track of books
Personalized Letter to communicate with
Classroom Poster and Accomplishment Certificates to track and reward student progress
Take a Closer Look at
My Take Home Reading Club!
MORE FOR EARLY READERS
Smart Steps NEW!
Develop Strategic, Independent Readers with an Integrated Literacy Program.
MORE TEACHING TIPS
Subscribe to Our
Free Email Newsletter!
Receive teaching tips, new product announcements, and special offers.