| Meet Common Core State Standards with Leveled Readers from Sundance/Newbridge! |
- Provide your struggling middle school students with access to informational texts at multiple reading levels.
- Integrate age-appropriate and instruction-appropriate social studies and science leveled books into your literacy lessons.
- Motivate your students to succeed!
The Common Core State Standards for Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical subjects expect students to apply their literacy skills to content-related informational texts. These requirements prove difficult to students who are reading below grade level or who may be reluctant readers. Because of the limitations on their ability to access the text, students also struggle with thinking critically and forming opinions about what they have read.
Leveled books allow students to read grade-appropriate topics at their own level. Reading fiction and nonfiction texts written with manageable vocabulary and concise sentences allow students to access the content without becoming overwhelmed. This enables students to improve their comprehension skills and to gradually increase their reading level over time to become more proficient readers.
Sundance/Newbridge Middle Grades Book Collections feature:
Sundance/Newbridge Middle Grades Book Collections Teacher Guide:
- Text that Matters: High-interest books that appeal to older students
- Up-to-date Science and Social Studies content
- Art that Enriches: Striking illustrations, maps, and photographs
- Correlations to the Common Core State Standards and Teacher Support
- Easy and economical purchasing options: Purchase a variety of topic and multi-copy collections that fit all of your students' needs.
Each collection comes with a Teacher Guide developed to aid middle grade teachers bridge the gap between their current literacy practices and the objectives of the Common Core State Standards.
The Teacher Guide includes:
Smart Word Vocabulary Cards
Each complete Classroom Set includes Smart Word vocabulary cards for those readers who may need vocabulary reinforcement. Smart Word cards feature "Tier 2" words that have rich applications in the Speaking and Listening, Reading and Writing Common Core State Standards.
| Take a Closer Look! |
Preview a Complimentary Copy of the Teacher Guide
Developed to help you
bridge the gap between your current literacy practices and the objectives of the Common Core State Standards
Instructional Plans for
Independent Reading and Small Group Guided Instruction
Graphic Organizer Templates
Student Reading Log