| || Engage your students in the math theme with a Read-Aloud fiction trade book. |
- 1 Read-Aloud fiction trade book to introduce the standards-based theme concept, build background, and activate prior knowledge.
| || Lead your students in their first explorations of the theme with the Nonfiction Big Book. |
- 1 Shared Reading Nonfiction Big Book to explore the concept in-depth and introduce basic nonfiction text features.
- 6 Little Book versions of the Big Book for read-alongs and re-reading.
| || Guide your students as they read about the theme at their own pace and reading stage with the Nonfiction/Fiction Leveled Pairs. |
- 3 sets of paired fiction and nonfiction leveled texts to expand all students' understanding of the theme (6 copies of each book, 36 total).
- 6 matching Audio Books to help struggling readers and English Language Learning (ELL) students access information (2 for each pair of leveled texts).
| || Provide your students with opportunities to expand their learning with the nonfiction and fiction trade books in the Independent Reading Library. |
- Trade Book Library with carefully selected fiction and nonfiction to further students' understanding of the theme (6 books).
| || Energize your lesson plan with invaluable Teacher Resources. |
- 1 Teacher Resource Book with lesson plans, phonics activities, assessment, home connections, and PowerSkills component, and Writing Activities CD-ROM