| Early chapter books for Guided Reading |
No grown-ups allowed! Adults take a back seat in these kid-focused problem-solving, humorous, and real-life stories featuring kids as the main characters. Just Kids are chapter books, written for young readers in grades 13, that include just the right amount of support and challenge to develop confident, independent readers.
Six sets of 12 books each provide a structured progression of vocabulary, word count, and story complexity. Every book in the series includes an illustrated character sketch that introduces the main characters in the book before the story begins.
Just Kids feature:
Just Kids Teacher Guides
- 24 books with 32 pages each; 48 books with 40 pages each
- 4–6 chapters per book
- Guided Reading Levels I–K
- Fun-filled illustrations on every page that support young readers
- An array of genres—mystery, adventure, and humor—that appeal to boys and girls
- Progressive reading challenges in story length, vocabulary, and story complexity
- Cast of main characters that are "just kids
All 6 sets have individual 112 page Teacher Guides, with Language Arts Standards support for each book in the series, plus:
In addition, we've included a Reading Guide Bookmark to help kids transition to chapter books.
- A comprehensive skills chart to assist in planning and assessment
- Step-by-step lesson plans—including Guided Reading book introductions
- Four reproducible worksheets for every lesson
- Ongoing tips for observational and performance assessment
| E-Books Available! |
Perfect for whole class and small group settings.
Download an E-Book Sample.
Researched & Approved:
View the Just Kids Research Report.