| Easy-to-Use Kits Build Strong Reading Comprehension and Require Students to Demonstrate Understanding of a Text in a Written Response |
- TEACH students how to effectively communicate evidence-based responses to a text in writing.
- PROVIDE strategies to extract evidence from a text, with hundreds of pre-written questions, aligned to the Standards.
- ENGAGE students with fiction and nonfiction Student Books for each Guided Reading Level that cover a variety of genres.
- OFFER multiple opportunities to prepare and practice for assessments with standard-aligned Progress Monitoring questions for every Student Book.
As you benchmark students throughout the school year, you may find they are able to orally respond to comprehension questions, but are challenged by responding in writing. The Read & Respond Practice Kits provide support to students who need practice with written responses to comprehension questions. The Kits, which are aligned to the Common Core State Standards, help students learn to:
- Think about what they read
- Make inferences
- Form opinions
- Justify their ideas, using text evidence, in writing
What's in the Read & Respond Practice Kits?
Student can practice their written comprehension with the carefully leveled Student Books in each Kit.
- 3 books for each Guided Reading Level
- Grade 1: GRLs E-J
- Grade 2: GRLs H-M
- Grade 3: GRLs K-P
- Grades 4/5: GRLs N-V
- A mix of fiction and nonfiction.
The Teacher Guide contains:
Blackline Masters Book
- Instruction built on a Before During, and After framework
- Differentiation strategies for students at every level
- How to use oral questions and answers to provide scaffolding for those students who need more help with written responses
- Written Comprehension Standards Alignment for each question
- Instructional support strategies for each reading standard
- At-a-Glance title-by-title standards alignment
- Answer Key/Teacher Rubric for every question
- Look inside! View a complimentary Teacher Guide sampler.
Each Guided Reading Level has 3 questions for most of the grade level's Common Core State Standards so that you can follow an "I Do/We Do/You Do" framework as you screen, diagnose, and progress monitor students.
Each Classroom version of the Kits also includes:
- Progress Monitoring Questions for every Leveled Reader
- Questions aligned to Common Core Standards that require students to demonstrate their comprehension of the text in a written response
- Student-friendly Rubrics for every question
- Look inside! View a complimentary Blackline Masters Book sampler.
| Custom Kits |
Custom Kit Options for
Take a Look Inside!
View a complimentary Teacher Guide sampler.
View a complimentary Blackline Masters Book sampler.