| Meet the Common Core State Standards with Sundance/Newbridge Leveled Readers! |
Make the transition from your current literacy practices to the new practices mandated by the Common Core State Standards.
Sundance/Newbridge Grades K–5 CCSS Readiness Sets provide opportunities for students to develop their English Language Arts skills while reading informational and literary texts at their reading level.
- A wide variety of rigorous, quality books related to Science, Social Studies, and Math topics increases students' content-area knowledge and exposure to multiple literary genres.
- Leveled books allow students to read grade-appropriate topics at their own level.
- Fiction and nonfiction texts written with manageable vocabulary and concise sentences allows students to access content without becoming overwhelmed, enabling them to improve their comprehension skills, gradually increase their reading level, and become more proficient readers.
Teacher's Guide for Common Core State Standards Readiness Sets
Each set includes the CCSS Readiness Sets Teacher's Guide, developed to support you in adopting and implementing specific Common Core State Standards.
- Options for working in small groups to promote collaborative learning
- Tips for supporting independent readers and building their confidence
- An instructional plan with a before-, during, and after-reading framework to enable struggling readers to succeed
- Comprehension questions, discussion prompts, and writing tasks aligned to the Common Core State Standards to assess students' proficiency
- Reproducible Masters to promote effective reading practices
- Look Inside! Preview a complimentary copy of the Teacher's Guide.
Smart Word Vocabulary Cards
Each Classroom Set includes Smart Word vocabulary cards for those readers who may need vocabulary reinforcement. Smart Word cards feature "Tier 2" words that have rich applications in the Speaking and Listening, Reading and Writing Common Core State Standards.
| Take a Closer Look! |
Preview a Complimentary Copy of the Teacher's Guide
Specially developed to support you in adopting and implementing specific Common Core State Standards.
Why Leveled Book Sets?
"...Students must read widely and deeply from among a broad range of high-quality, increasingly challenging literary and informational texts.
Students can only gain this foundation when the curriculum is intentionally and coherently structured to develop rich content knowledge within and across grades."
--From the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts & Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical Subjects