| New Perpetual License Purchasing Options Now Available! |
Meet the Common Core State Standards with engaging, online interactive writing units!
Winner of the Learning® Magazine 2013 Teachers’ ChoiceSM Award
"Everything you could need to teach a writing lesson all in one place!" Read more teacher reviews.
Writing Interactively makes it easy to deliver high-quality, high-interest writing instruction. Step-by-step lessons guide students through a variety of text types—from introducing them to the text type's purpose and features through writing their own piece. Annotated text examples and hands-on activities throughout the lessons keep students involved and excited.
- Harness the motivating power of technology—the modules were developed to be compatible with all interactive whiteboards and Flash-compatible computers.
- Teach grammar in an interesting and functional context, while showing students how to properly use language for clear and effective communication.
- Help students internalize the steps of the writing process and learn the Six Traits of Good Writing.
The Writing Interactively program consists of 4 modules: Informative Texts for Grades 3–4, Informative Texts for Grades 5–6, Persuasive Texts for Grades 3–4, and Persuasive Texts for Grades 5–6.
Your students will learn to write effectively for a variety of audiences and purposes as they explore these text types:
The Informative Texts and Persuasive Texts modules each also include an extensive, hands-on Writer's Toolkit. These stand-alone units are designed to be used alongside the other text-type units within a module.
The Informative and Persuasive Writer's Toolkits provide in-depth coverage for the five steps of the writing process:
Take a look inside! View sample screens from a Writer's Toolkit! (700K pdf)
- Proofreading and Editing
Writing Interactively Teaching Guides:
An easy-to-use guide for each module provides all the support you need to use the program in your classroom.
- Suggested pacing charts and tips for maximizing your teaching time.
- 2-page lesson plans for the text types, each following a predictable format that allows for consistent delivery of instruction.
- Rubrics to assess students' writing samples.
- Correlations to the Common Core State Standards for Writing and Language.
- Take a look inside! Preview the Teaching Guides.
Minimum Software Requirements:
- Writing Interactively is a Flash-based product designed to work on all interactive whiteboards and Flash-compatible computers.
- You will need Adobe Flash Player 10.1 or above.
- Subscriptions to Writing Interactively are available for single classroom use or for schoolwide access.
- Purchasing for multiple schools? Contact your local sales representative or call 800-343-8204 for discounted pricing!
An online user account is required to access your subscription.
Subscriptions for individual modules starting at $59!
The 4 Writing Interactively modules are available in a variety of grade level configurations, license types, and subscription lengths. Click through the Informative Texts and Persuasive Texts links below for more ordering options.
| Test Drive Writing Interactively in Your Classroom! |
Request Your FREE 30-Day Trial Subscription Today!
No risk. No obligation.
See for yourself how this program will engage and motivate your students.
Take a tour of Writing Interactively.
Look inside the Teaching Guides for step-by-step lesson plans.
2 Easy Ways to Order!
Convenient online delivery—
no CD-ROMs to install.
1) Place your order online for immediate access.
2) Ordering by mail or fax? Download a registration form to include with your order.
Launch your Writing Interactively modules from the My Online Content page now!