| 96 paired fiction and nonfiction books for emergent readers |
Nurture children's insatiable curiosity with Twin Texts. Each closely tied pair of fiction and nonfiction books offers young readers authentic opportunities to construct meaning, and supports them as they learn to separate make-believe stories from informational text. Using fiction and nonfiction together is an excellent strategy for integrating literacy with content ... and a wonderful way to give your students the new challenges and opportunities they need to grow.
- Provide a scaffolded program of literacy development using Guided Reading Levels
- Focus on 8 content strands—Life Science, Earth Science, Physical Science, Citizenship, America, People and Places, Math, and Self-Awareness
- Consist of child-centered topics that appeal to both girls and boys
- Support young readers through print placement, repetition of sentence patterns, and picture-text correlation
- Invite comparisons between illustrations and photographs for the information they provide and what they add to the text
- Pair "big ideas" that contrast real information with make-believe worlds
- Challenge students by gradually increasing length, language, format, and structure
Twin Texts Teacher Guides
The six 64-page, comprehensive Teacher Guides assist you in planning and conducting your guided reading lesson with:
- Step-by-step lesson plans for each text pair
- Two writing blackline masters and guided writing ideas for each pair of books
- Models for Guided Reading
- Writing/Communication Center ideas and activities
| E-Books Available! |
Perfect for whole class and small group settings.
Download a Nonfiction E-Book Sample.
Download a Fiction E-Book Sample.